Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 19, 2011 Temecula

July 19, 2011 Temecula

For the Hillcrest 6th Ward:

Hey Hillcrest 6th Ward!

My mission is going great! I love being out here! Utah is truly a bubble. There are so many different religions and cultures out here!
One cool experience had happened around the 3rd week I had been in Temecula. Me and my companion, Elder Sharp got done with everything we had planned. So, we stopped the car and prayed, asking the Lord where we should be. We sat in the car for a couple of minutes. Then we both got a feeling to go stop by a member’s home. We went by and just talked to them and came to find out the wife asked the husband for a blessing but the husband was out of oil. Then we show up at the door. The spirit was so strong there that night!!!! I will never forget those feelings! The Lord does use those who are willing to do his work!!!
My testimony is short and simple. The Book of Mormon is true!! Joseph Smith is a prophet called from God! This church is the only true church on the earth! If u haven’t read the Bok of Mormon read it!!!!! And all u boys, u better go on a mission! I can promise u it will be the best discison u will ever make in your life!!! - Elder Jolley

This week has been interesting. I got something in my eye and it swelled up. (Sty) Oh well. Nothing I can really do about it. It’s going down now. Hopefully it keeps going down. I took picts of it so u guys can see.

Ouch Spence! Sounds like it hurts! (Sprained finger)

Next week on the 26th are transfers. So I might be gone or I might be staying in Temecula. I don’t know yet. Things are exploding in the mission right now! One of our investigators called us and we invited her to be baptized over the phone! It was really cool she accepted!

OK. Why do u and dad write me two different letters telling me the same thing?? I just thought it was funny. I have learned so much out on my mission and I love it! Its definitely the hardest thing I have done in my life but I can see it is the most important thing for me to be doing right now in my life.

I love you guys hope everything is going good - Elder Jolley

PS Tell Amanda thanks for the cookies they were good thanks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment