Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 26, 2011 Temecula

July 26 Temecula

Dang! Trek looks like it was a blast!!!! I was laughing so hard when I saw that picture of Tay falling in the water! Thanks so much for sending me the pictures!

Guess what? I’m being transferred today! I have no idea where I’m going and who my new companion is. I’m nervous because I got an email from President Cook telling me that he's going to have me stretch my wings this transfer. I hope I’m with a good companion.

This week has been really interesting. One of our investigators is named Kim (He’s about 50 or 60 years old and just fried his brain from drugs and drinking). He looks old but acts like a little kid. He works for the Salvation Army waiting for people to drop off clothes at one of their trailers. So, we went by yesterday to see how he’s doing. He’s doing good.

Someone dropped off a way old fire extinguisher and he wanted to try it out. So he grabbed it and walked out on the sidewalk and pushed the lever down. I thought he was just going to let it shoot some out but oh, Buddy, was I wrong. He didn’t know how to turn it off! It was so funny! He couldn’t find out how. So, there’s this huge white cloud of smoke going down the street! He finally found out how to and turned it off. It was so funny watching him figure out how! Ill send my flash card home so u guys can watch it.

We have a baptism this Saturday. We rescheduled it for the 30th. Yeah, I won’t be here. Dang! It’s my first baptism too! It was so cool to see how much our investigator has changed and became willing to do anything to be baptized! She literally is glowing because of the Holy Ghost and how much she has changed in her life!

Oh yeah! Last week we got one of our investigators to stop smoking. We took her smokes away!! Yes!!! It was so cool! That night, when we where teaching her! We didn’t tell her to stop smoking. She told us that she wanted too! So cool!!!!

Dang, Spence that looks like it killed!!! (Blisters from trek) I’m sorry Bro. Put some mole skin on. It helps out a ton!! So, how’s the family been?? Erin got a new puppy!! It’s so cute!! How’s work been Dad? and Mom? Spencer is summer almost done already? Are u ready for school again?? You’ll have to send me pictures of swim team! You are going to tear it up this year at swimming!!

Well, I g2g love you guys!! Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment